- One poll of 14 to 24 year olds show that Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, and Twitter increased feelings of inadequacy and anxiety.
- One practitioner has observed that many children clock more than 7 hours a day in “screen time” and it is having a negative impact.
- Some statistics show that over 23% of children experience cyberbullying.
- Technology (including games) can quickly become addictive, and an inability to not use it is problematic.
- Some studies suggest that 30% of those addicted to pornography are now female.
- When a group of kids at a high school are asked if they all know someone who has "sexted", the answer was 100% "yes."
As a parent or caregiver, have you ever felt overwhelmed with the issue of kids and media? You are not alone, click here for more information.
Intentionally Creating Visions and Values
Vision is how your family knows what they are aiming for, everyone needs a vision of their future to feel purpose. Values are what we set in place to keep our families safe and healthy. Establishing Vision and Values will never happen by chance, this is something we must intentionally engage in. We are currently working on an online curriculum that will help families through the process of creating and working toward a vision for their home. In the meantime we would love to hear from you; fell free to leave us comments on our blog posts or contact us on Facebook.
Kids With Purpose
One of the biggest life questions adults have is: "What is my purpose, why am I here." Purpose and Identity gives us a sense of value, along with a reason to live for something more than ourselves. We are working on materials to help caregivers and parents guide their children into greater purpose.